Importance of Solar Energy in Southern California
As far as the quantum of solar system installations go, California ranks first in the country! There has been a growing awareness of the benefits of going solar in Southern California over the past few years. Today, the federal and California state governments provide special incentives and rebates to homeowners to make solar energy panel installations cheaper and more cost-effective.
Other than this, California has also emerged as the market leader for employing highest number of professionals in the entire solar power generation industry in the U.S. As per the 2011 job census, from the 100,237 solar-related jobs in America, 25,575 were based in California.
WHY IS INVESTING IN SOLAR ENERGY IN CALIFORNIA A GREAT IDEA?
Apart from being a clean and renewable source of energy which is inexhaustible, solar power offers a number of benefits that make it a great investment option:
- On an average, sunshine is available at least 300 days a year in California, making it an ideal location for solar power generation.
- Solar power can enable you to save huge amounts of money on electricity bills, and make your homestead self-reliant when it comes to energy needs.
- Solar technology is totally environment-friendly. By using solar power, you can effectively reduce your carbon footprint by keeping greenhouse emissions low.
- Maintenance costs are low to nil, and PV modules last for years without any problems.
- With solar power, you can secure 24/7 low-cost electricity supply for your home and/or business premises.
- The federal government and the state of California offer a number of incentives and tax breaks for homeowners contemplating solar system installations.
- Solar panels supplied by reputed solar energy companies in California are fully reliable, and can be specifically customized to cater to your home’s power needs and requirements.
- According to a 1999 study funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the value of a house increases by $20 for each $1 reduction in your annual power bills!
In fact, according to the research conducted by the U.S. Department of Energy – Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, homes with solar system installations tend to sell two times faster than those without! It is needless to say that solar systems are a great investment in SoCal.
WHY IS SOLAR ENERGY SO POPULAR IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA?
The Go Solar California campaign, which was started by California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and the California Energy Commission, began way back in the year 2006. The main objective of this campaign was to encourage property owners to install solar systems at homes and business offices. To make the campaign successful, the CPUC later on also initiated the California Solar Initiative (CSI) program. Under the California solar energy program, incentives are provided to people over a 10 year period, if they opt for solar energy to run their households.
Under The Global Warming Solutions Act, by 2020, California hopes to reduce its carbon footprint back to the level it was at in 1990. A solar panel system helps create the same amount of energy with about 80% lowered carbon emissions as compared to fossil fuels. With these goals in mind, the California Air and Resources Board recommends usage of solar energy and other renewable sources of energy to generate electricity. The rebates, incentives and the presence of easy financing options have made solar power very popular in Southern California.
Southern California Solar Energy – 7 Important Benefits
Finding the top rated solar energy companies in Southern California is easy with the help of our experts and online services. But why should you do so? Here are seven important benefits you can be privy to, if you opt for renewable solar energy companies in southern california:
- Solar power is generated when sunlight hits a group of PV cells. This means that the resource is free and inexhaustible.
- SoCal property owners only have to make an initial payment to cover the equipment.
- With advancement of technology in the generation of solar energy, solar systems are fast becoming highly cost-effective as well as efficient.
- Solar energy California installations require an initial cost to be borne by homeowners but it is a viable alternative, thanks to the many financing options, rebates and incentives.
- As compared to traditional electricity resources like coal or nuclear fuel, solar energy is a greener option as there are no hazardous emissions in its creation process.
- Electricity can be generated with the help of solar energy at almost any location, as sunlight is easily accessible even at the remotest locations in Southern California. Therefore, generation of electricity using solar energy is easy, even if you live in an area which is inaccessible to power cables.
- Solar power systems require bare minimum maintenance once PV cells are installed. Photovoltaic cells may last for numerous years without incurring any costs. In addition, you can also add to the number of solar energy panels without needing any major overhauling.